Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Well I have never posted before ( as I'm not an amazing writer =).. And today is Christmas eve and we have a big day ahead of us, So I will keep this short.  It's our first Christmas as a real Family. It is also Baby Kinslee's 1st Christmas. We are trying to make this a really special Christmas this year for our kids. Kinslee is the easy one being just 3 days shy of 4 months old. Bailee is a little harder though. My wonderful husband Barrett had been searching since summer for the perfect quad for Bailee. She is such a little daredevil and loves to ride. He finally found the perfect one a Yamaha Raptor 80. So it has been hiding at Grandma Vicki's for the past 6 weeks or so. We have wrapped up her new riding helmet, pants, boots etc & the last present she will open will be the Key with a Princess keychain. Inside the box will be a series of clues and maps that will lead her to the gold. I'm hopefully going to document this by video (fingers crossed) lol.


But today it's important to us to show our children what the true meaning of Christmas is. So before our small family dinner we are going to have our almost 8 year old read Luke 2, The story of Jesus' birth. I know I will get misty eye'd. After an early dinner I am making my mom's famous hot cocoa recipe while we watch Polar Express a tradition Bailee & I have had, Now we are including our new family members into. Then Santa comes to Barrett's Aunt Rachel's and we eat snacks.
Tomorrow I'm sure Bailee will wake us before dawn & we will open all our presents, Then head to the in-law's.
Needless to say I hope all our family & friends has an amazing CHRISTmas, one that will never be forgotten. Love you all & thank you for all your support in the last year. This last year has been an amazing yet tough year full of change & Love with more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment